Kareri Lake is a high altitude, shallow, fresh water lake south of the Dhauladhar range approximately 9 km North West of Dharamsala in Kangra district, Himachal Pradesh. Its surface is 2934 metres above the sea level. Snow melting from the Dhauladhar range serves as the source of the lake and a stream, Nyund is the outflow. Since the source is fresh melting snow and the lake is shallow, water visibility is very high and in most places, the lake bed can be seen.
Kareri lake is best known for being a trekking destination in the Dhauladhars. The lake remains frozen from early December to March–April. There is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Shakti on a hilltop overlooking the lake.. A few gaddi kothis are present on the other side of the lake, an area which is used by the gaddis as a grazing ground for their animals. Kareri Lake serves as a base for trekking further into the Dhauladhar and onward to Chamba and Bharmour via the Minkiani Pass (4250m) and Baleni Pass (3710m).
Arrive at Mcleodganj by 9.30 AM and check-in at The Hosteller. Head for local sightseeing and witness the beauty unfold right in front of you eyes.
Start your day with breakfast and post breakfast get transferred to Kareri village. Start a 4-5 hr trek to Rioti campsite
through dense pine forest . Stay in camps for the night
Meals: BF & Dinner
Post breakfast at Rioti, Trek (4-5 hrs) towards Kareri lake. Campsite for this night will be another enchanting meadow.
Meals: BF & Dinner
Post breakfast around 9 AM, enjoy the lake. Bid adieu and descend to Ghera. Drive to Mcleodganj. Trip ends.
Meal : BF
Note : Schedule subject to change depending on current weather conditions and situation.
2 Hours Before Departure
1. Please follow the instructions clearly and quietly given by the instructors. These are for your own safety and comfort.
2. The trip organizer has the rights to cancel your trip if your behavior is inappropriate and may harm yourself or other participants.
3. Accommodation and seating arrangements will be decided by the trip organizer. Please don’t argue unnecessarily and cooperate.
4. Please keep the camp site/rooms/tents neat and clean.
5. Do not leave the camp site/hotel without permission from the instructors.
6. Please take care of your belongings and valuable goods. For any missing items, trip organizer or PackBagBuddy shall not be responsible.
7. Please refrain from consuming any kind of drugs, narcotic items, alcohol, cigarettes, etc. inside or outside the camp site.
If a camp is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike, etc.), the full fees will be refunded*.
Otherwise, the refund amount will be as follows if booking is,
1. Cancelled more than 50 days prior to scheduled departure – 90% Refund.
2. Cancelled between 50 days and 40 days prior to scheduled departure – 70% Refund.
3. Cancelled between 40 days and 30 days prior to scheduled departure – 50% Refund.
4. Cancelled less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure – No Refund.
P.S. – Change in guest/guests names would be treated as cancellation.
* Refund amount doesn’t include Taxes & Charges levied on trip price.
Fantastic – better than expected – professional – top notch